Sunday 25 August 2013

Birthday Haul...

Hello Lovelies! 

Today I am going to talk about the amazing things I got for my birthday and a mini review on each. I was absolutely spoiled and appreciate every single thing I received - my family & boyfriend are so generous!

So here goes....


This was the lovely site I woke up to in the morning (excluding the wrapping paper), everything was from Guy. I had wanted the Pomegranate Noir perfume by Jo Malone for ages, so I was over the moon to get it! It smells wonderful! Its not something I would usually go for, as I feel that it is a little mature for me, but I think its such a classic scent.

He got me a cheeky little voucher for House of Fraser, so I could later purchase whatever MAC products my heart desired ;)



Guy also got me a couple of goodies from Lush. I have wanted 'its raining men' for ages because I LOVE the smell of honey!! You can also use it for your hair which makes my hair smell heavenly.


The second product Guy got me from Lush was the 'Whoosh' Shower Jelly. I haven't actually used this yet, but it smells so zingy! I can imagine it will work wonders in the morning to help wake me up! 




So after we got up, had breakfast and got ready, as mentioned in my previous 'Birthday Lunch' post, we headed into Glasgow. We went to House of Fraser first (obv!) and I used my voucher to buy a new Ted Baker tote and MAC prep & prime in radiant rose. I have needed a new bag for work for quite a while so was very pleased to come across this little beauty!



After watching numerous beauty gurus on YouTube recommend this product, I had to have it! I have quite a pale complexion so the rose tint to this primer really compliments my skin. I use it under my eyes, brow bone and cupids bow to add just the right amount of highlight.



Guy's mum gave me some vouchers too, I haven't had a chance to use them all yet, but I managed to pick up a couple of things from Boots the other night after work. I had heard amazing things about the new Maybeline Baby Lips, and I can honestly say they are all true! Not only do these wee wonders smell sooo yummy, they really moisturise my lips and the pink one is very pigmented! The one on the right (Peach Kiss) is more of a clear lip balm. I only took a swatch of the Pink Punch as it is lovely bright hot pink colour and is more obvious than the Peach Kiss.



I also got the 'Soaper Heroes' gift set by Soap & Glory. I really wanted the hand food hand cream, but all the other products are fab. Especially the moisturising body mist. I already have the clean on me shower gel and the body butter, but I am excited to try the exfoliator!


Guys elder sister came round later on and brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a gorgeous eye-shadow duo by Chanel. The duo is in No. 40 Misty - Soft. As you can see from the swatches below, one is a gorgeous shimmery violet colour and the other is a deep matte plum.





Wee birthday selfie :p


I had the best day ever and was truly spoiled. Now, seeing as my birthday is out the way, I can properly start looking forward to Halloween and Christmas!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love It's Raining Men- the scent is amazing!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love it! It smells just like Lush's 'honey I washed the kids' which is one of my all time faves!

      xoxo

      Delete