Sunday 29 September 2013

Ombré Lip Tutorial

Hi lovelies!

How has your weekend been? I've not been well at all :( but luckily took the photos for this tutorial the other day so you don't need to see my ill-ridden exterior! Ha ha! So anyways, u thought it would be a nice idea to attempt an ombré lip tutorial. I have a really thin top lip so thought an ombré effect would give the illusion of a fuller upper lip! Let me know in the comments if you think I succeeded or not!


For the ombré effect, I see MAC's pro long wear lip cream in 'overtime' and Rimmel's lip liner in 'wine'.


The swatch at the top is of overtime and the swatch underneath is wine.


To start, I lined my lips with the liner.


Then I blended. I feel this is key at achieving a more natural look.


I then filled the corners of my lips in with the liner.


Then blended again, to again achieve a more natural look when it comes to blending the two colours.


I then applies 'overtime' in the centre of my top and lower lip to give the illusion of bigger lips.



This is the finished look. I apologise for the quality of the close ups. I used my iphone and it sometime blurs a bit when I zoom in! So what do you beauties think of the final look? Are you guys gonna try this tutorial? Let me know in the comments below! 

xoxo

Ps. At 41 followers now! Need 9 more until I can finally pick a winner! I bought one of the prizes yesterday (urban decays lip revolution) and the colour is absolutely beautiful!!!









19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Really autumnal! Thanks for tips :D
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This deff makes your lips look bigger and fuller. We have tiny lips so we definitely need to give this a try! You have fantastic lips! (LUCKY GIRL!!!!) And also congrats on your followers! And just a tip about getting followers, use Google+ and jpin communities. We are in several beauty communities and we post out links to our blog there. And that has really seemed to help us a lot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I lack a top lip though!! Thanks for the advice dolls! : )

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. love that colour! followed your blog.

    sophiesfashionn.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! Appreciate it! Followed you too : )

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Eeeee! Thanks so much! I've followed you too : )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tutorial! Love your eye makeup, as well! I've followed you with GFC (does that mean I'm entered in your giveaway?) and hope you'll follow back! : signe : the daily savant :
    : blogspot
    : bloglovin

    $50 SheInside Voucher Giveway
    Handmade Necklace Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorgeous!! You need to be listed in the followers section of my blog, (click the 'join site' button) and then you will automatically be entered!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow thats such a cool idea! Great tutorial :)

    Love your blog, now following <3

    mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Gonna check out your blog too! : )

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is so awesome. I have never though of ombreing lips! It actually looks really good with just the lipliner i think. Would you like to follow each other, if you do please please comment on my blog saying so, i will follow back:)!! xx

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Yeah, I'll just go check your blog out just now : )

      xoxo

      Delete